Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Insane weather? Absolutely

I was woken up by a thunderstorm this morning, a couple of hours after I finally fell asleep. It sounded like it was 2 feet above us, really LOUD. Though I knew it was raining pretty hard, I did not think it would delay everything from transportation to opening at the library. I would say transportation was expected but by the time I woke up & was out the door, it didn't even look like it had ever rained. It was bright, sunny, hot & HUMID. When I got to the door by the library, there was a sign there that says the library will be opening later than usual. I did not want to walk home. My appetite hasn't been normal so I was really hungry. Luckily, Desiree had gotten there just a little while before I had, so she got the janitor to open the door for me & the other volunteer Javed. Apparently, only 2 of the librarians got there & NONE of the other librarians were able to get there on time. You can't run the library with just 2- Someone needs to be at the front desk, the back room, 2 at information desk, children's librarian needs to be in the children's section, and someone in charge of computer sign ups. It's pretty crazy. Diana had a hard time today as well. Luckily, I just walk 10 blocks & I get to sit in air conditioning for the day. 8 hours & no lunch break for me today =[. I thought preparing books were too much, DVD's are a bigger pain in the ass, especially when it came down to taking off the security seal at the top. Luckily Navneet stayed an extra hour and was able to help me. Other than that, I made name signs for everybody =]. Lol. Though they weren't too fond with the string I used. They were very itchy.

0 comments: